“We are still masters of our fate.
We are still captains of our souls.”
– Winston Churchill –
Do a Polar Plunge for charity – 2/5/11: Special Olympics Polar Plunge
- Become fluent in a new language
Write a book – NaNoWriMo 2012
Travel to Italy – September 2016
- Climb a 14-er (14,000-foot mountain)
- Learn to snowboard toe-side
- Swim with dolphins
Run a Half Marathon
- 4/10/11: Go! St. Louis (2:13:22)
- 4/7/13: Go! St. Louis (1:47:23) – Destroyed my PR by 25 minutes!
Run a Full Marathon – 10/23/11: Rock n Roll St. Louis (4:13:47)
- Complete a Triathalon
- Relearn how to play the piano
Fly a plane – Job fair, senior year of college. Made friends with a National Guard recruiter who took me up and let me fly for a few minutes.
- Drink butterbeer in the Harry Potter theme park
- Reduce my carbon footprint
Drink beer in Germany – Oktoberfest 2016 in Munich
Visit the Louvre – September 2016
Get inside the Sistine Chapel. Look up. – September 2016
- See an Aurora Borealis
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Witness a rocket launch
Take a dance class – August 2012: Couple dance classes with my husband. A disaster but so much fun!
- Volunteer in another country
- Go to the Opera
Learn to box – Summer 2012: One month of lessons. Wish I could do more, but it’s expensive.
Set up a website – Fall 2010: www.allisonarchived.com